Understanding Surrogate Mother Pay
Surrogate mother pay in Portland, Maine differs as it is greatly dependent on several variables such as the surrogate mother’s experience, insurance coverage, state of residence, and other factors.
The average surrogate mother pay can go anywhere from $30,000 to $50,000. There are other allowances to consider that will be on top of the fee. These will include, but are definitely not limited to the following:
- monthly expense allocation
- maternity clothing
- embryo transfer (meant to include any lost wages, child care, and other expense lost as a result of bed rest after transfer)
- multiples (added payment per additional baby)
- invasive treatment (if there is a requirement to undergo invasive treatments)
- cesarean section (as proposed by attending physician)
- cancelled cycles
- health and medical insurance
- travel costs (for surrogate mothers who need to travel) which includes airfare for the surrogate and her traveling companion, hotel accommodation and transportation costs.
These allowances make sure that the intended parents cover all costs related with the surrogate mother’s pregnancy. These kind of benefits makes it very appealing to a lot of women to become surrogates.
Surrogate mother pay guarantees financial stability for a surrogate as she undergoes this surrogacy journey. Aside from the financial gain, there are also other rewards to enjoy. For starters, a surrogate mother is able to give the gift of life to a couple or family yearning to have their genetically connected baby. This gift may possibly result to a lasting relationship with the intended parents.
In conclusion, the surrogate mother pay indeed offers exceptional monetary compensation to surrogates. This ensures that complete compensation is given so that a surrogate mother can focus on a positive, healthy, and happy surrogacy journey.